These days, everyone from kids to teenagers and adults to seniors, want to protect our Earth for us and our future generations. Our beautiful Earth is suffering from Global Warming. Deforestation, water pollution, air pollution , droughts, and drying rivers is the result of Global Warming...
Today, everyone from Algeria to South Africa and Canada to Sweden , can protect our only Earth every day! Amitabh Bachchan - an icon in India, says that "Waste Managemet" should be taught in schools. Many celebrities in United States are going VEGAN to save our Mother Earth!
Wish You All A Very Happy Earth Day !
Here Are 5 Simple Ways to Protect Our Earth
1. Eat Vegan Food (Plant-based Food) : Growing fruits, vegetables, pulses, lentils and beans require less water compared with raising animals for meat. According to the United Nations report - Livestock's Long Shadow, farms raising chickens, pigs, and cows for meat and milk is the major cause for greenhouse gas emissions. In short, meat and dairy industries across the world is the major cause for global warming.
You can combat global warming by eating tasty and nutritious vegan food (plant-based food). Indian cuisine, Chinese cuisine, and Mediterranean cuisine is awash with numerous vegan recipes. Here are some great vegan food blogs to explore. FatfreeVegan , Vegan Richa , Sharan India and Holy Cow
2. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle : Think before buying. Going vegan has helped me buy only "necessary items". For my son's lunch-box, I always send a stainless steel spoon instead of disposable plastic spoon. Read these article about reducing and recycling
Reducing and Reusing Basics
3. Don't Buy Animal Products : Ban leather sofa, shoes and fur jackets from your life. Leather industry is one of the causes for Cancer and other respiratory diseases. These days you can get vegan items - everything from non-leather jackets to shoes and Faux fur coats to Faux leather sofa in many countries like India and United States.
You can find numerous cruelty-free(vegan) cosmetic brands in North
America and European countries. I often visit leapingbunny website to
find everything from crulety-free lip gloss to shampoo . These days, many
students have been using sophisticated computer softwares and digital
models, instead of dissecting animals. With some planning, it is really
easy to lead a cruel-free lifestyle in North America,
Europe, and Australia . In India, visit Peta India to find about cruel-free products(vegan products)
Many beautiful jewels and statues are made with Ivory(Elephant's tusk) and coral . Be careful while shopping. Here are few articles to know more about saving animals, environment and our Earth. Ocean conservation , Plastic pollution and Save Environment
4. Plant Trees and Grow Vegetables : Trees combat global warming by absorbing Carbon-dioxide. Growing vegetables and greens is also a great way to reduce your carbon footprint. Terrace gardening is now becoming popular in India. Here are some interesting websites Better India , Organic Gardening
5. Volunteer : Volunteering is a great way to show our love and gratitude to our community and Mother Earth. My husband and I regularly volunteer in our local library and Chinmaya Mission. In United States, everyone I know volunteers in library, school, orphanges , and National Parks. In U.S , 339,626 volunteers collectively contributed over 8 million hours of volunteer service at national parks last year !
If you wish to volunteer in India , please visit Swatch Bharat , Teach for India
Chinmaya Mission , Art Of Living , BAPS Swaminarayan Sastha are amazing organizations to volunteer in India , Canada, Australia, United States and many other countries.