Friday, July 26, 2013

Vegan Masala Tea, made with Trader Joe's Rice Milk

In my pre-vegan, I relished drinking masala tea, once in a while. Once I became a vegan, I completely forgot about it.

On sunday evening, it was raining, and I felt like drinking tea. Fortunately, organic unsweetened rice milk was in the fridge.  Within few minutes I made amazing masala tea with rice milk. The taste was so divine, it taste so much similar to tea made with dairy milk.  I have been relishing this amazing masala tea in the mornings, from past couple of days.

Vegan Masala Tea
Makes 2 servings

Ingredients:
2 cups Trader Joe's unsweetened rice milk
2 whole cloves
1/2 inch cinnamon
2 Tbsp sugar
1 whole cardamom
1/2 tsp fresh ginger , cut into slices (optional)


Method
1.Combine rice milk with spices in a sauce pan. Do not add ginger now. Bring it to boil.
2.Add ginger. Reduce the heat, and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until the color changes to orange.
3. Add sugar,  remove from heat. Strain and serve.




No comments: